Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bethred the Destroyer!

So I woke up early this morning (and by early I mean before noon) and thought, Hey, I need to do a blog. Why? Because everyone else is doing it. Plus, I feel a little bad for not keeping in touch as much as I should. I'm horrible with letter writing and emails, and I don't really like to talk on the phone. Yeah, I know. I like to make things difficult for friends and family. So anyway, I woke up and started thinking about my first post. When I was finally free from my husband's grasp (he can be quite the octopus in the morning, especially if we don't have to work), I wandered to the computer.

I feel if I have to explain something here: Jared loves his computer more than life. It's true. When he gets up in the morning, it's the first thing he goes to, and it's the last thing he's doing before going to bed. I really don't mind too much, but we only have internet on one computer, so you can imagine how hard it is for me to get on it.

So I got to the computer first (the joys of waking up early on Saturdays) and started typing, only to be attacked by our kitten Primal Fury Destroyer of Worlds. Yes, that's her name. Jared named her. Apparently she missed us in the few hours we were sleeping (how dare we!) and she
needed some attention RIGHT NOW. It's very hard to blog and distract a cat at the same time, just in case you're wondering. Fortunately for you, I have learned the great art of typing one handed. I finally got her calmed down and realized...

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. Well, that's not entirely true. I've already babbled on about nothing for the last few minutes, so apparently I can talk about just anything. But I've got nothing entertaining or pertinent to say about anything.... Oh wait. I can totally explain the "Bethred the Destroyer" thing.

OK, so here's the thing: When Jared and I started to get serious, his family decided that we needed a nickname. Jared's brother Jacob and his wife Emma have a nickname -- Jemma -- so they needed something for us, as "Beth and Jared" and "Jared and Beth" are too long to say. So we had too choices: Jarbeth, which sounded like some character off of Star Wars, or Bethred. We opted for the later. And then Jared added "the Destroyer" after Bethred, just because it flowed really well. I think he just likes to add "the Destroyer" to names (see our cat's name). With my luck, I'll probably end up with a son named Samuel the Destroyer Swenson. Don't worry. I'll talk him out of it. I hope. But just in case, someone needs to be there when I give birth to make sure Jared fills out the birth certificate right. You never know what condition I'll be in, what with all those drugs and all.

So there we go. My first post on this blog. Woo hoo! I'll try to do something every couple of days, and I apologize if I don't. I'll just blame it on the husband or the cat (who thankfully is now asleep, but that means I can't move as she's asleep on my lap).

No comments:

Post a Comment